16 December, 2008

Piecing for Others

One of my quilting friends was recently diagnosed with cancer. The ladies in a group I belong to got together and made blocks for a quilt for her. People sent me the churn dash blocks, I pieced together and appliqued the lighthouse block, and another friend and I put the top and back together this week. Another lady is quilting and binding it before we send it out to provide some real hugs from virtual friends. I'm excited to see how this gets quilted. I'll let you know.

My apologies for the crappy photo. We were in a rush to get this out for mailing.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! It's beautiful and the reason for it is so special.

Unknown said...

She is going to Love it, I especially love the lighthouse - stunning!

jacquie said...

the applique just makes it! so pretty.

Amanda Jean said...

what a beautiful quilt! I love the gradient yellow.