23 April, 2010

Calgary Meet-up?


The internet is an interesting place. It allows us to be more open and honest with, perhaps ourselves, and others. We make friendships we might never have started or maintained in the 'real world'. And it allows us a chance to create a community without ever needing to borrow a cup of sugar.

One of the reasons I volunteered for the Local Organizing Committee of Quilt Canada was to meet more local quilters and become engaged in the real world community here in Calgary. And for that it has been fantastic.

As time moves on, however, I find that there are more and more quilters in Calgary that aren't a part of the real world community, rather they are engaged in the on-line world. And that is awesome too.

So, I've decided to host a little get together/meet-up for my readers that are local. I'm also inviting the newly formed Calgary Modern Quilt Guild.

These are my two suggested times.  Sorry, but I do have to work around my Quilt Canada obligations.

Thursday April 29 6:30 pm Drinks
Friday April 30 1:00 Desserts

Once I have an idea of who is interested I will confirm location, but it will be somewhere really close to the Telus Convention Centre, site of the Merchant Mall and shows.

So, grab your horse and come down to meet up. Who's in?

5 comments:

Lee D said...

ah not sure which date is going to work best for me I will get back to you. if I can get someone to take #3 to ballet then Thursday night. Just met the lady at Fabric Addict in Lethbridge, she'll be there next week.

Lesly said...

Fun! Wish I could join y'all! Have fun!

KatieQ said...

This is the first time in my life that I am sad not to be a Canadian. Have fun!!

Anonymous said...

Wish I could meet up!

Patrice said...

I would love to meet some Calgary quilters! Those date don't work for me, but I would interested if you do this again in the future!