17 May, 2010

New Inspiration


For Smilosarus' birthday the other day we got her some Crayon Rocks. Hubby was very skeptical about my on-line purchase from Stubby Pencil Studio.  You see, we have a ridiculous amount of markers, coloured pencils, and crayons all over the house. 

Markers and crayons, however, cannot be used without supervision because a certain small, smiley girl will either write on the walls, eat them, or break them. And there just doesn't seem to be enough satisfaction for her with the pencils. I figured it couldn't hurt to try these Crayon Rocks.

What a huge success!  They are perfect for little hands, easy to clean up, and not one has made their way into a mouth yet. And the colours! True and lovely. She handed me a pile of them yesterday and I was struck by the random combination in my hand.  A new project?

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Those are awesome! Wish I had known about those when my daughter was little. The colors and the shapes of them are very inspiring... I'll be interested to see what you come up with.

Jennifer :)

adnohr said...

I'm so glad to hear a comment about them, I've been considering them for my 1 yo who has an uncanny ability to make the washable crayolas fall apart. I recently bought her the huge fat ones and she's doing well with them, but now that I know these are good, I think I'll pick some up for when the huge ones are worn down.

Live a Colorful Life said...

I got some of those for my grandkids. Mine are all bright colors though.I really like yours. Great inspiration.

Corinnea said...

New project? Yes, please! Love those colors. Would love to do a neutral quilt!

Little Bluebell (Adrianne) said...

Whenever I get my two littles (4y and 2y) new art supplies it results in a flurry of creativity. I love it! Sometimes it's the new colors, a new medium, or a new shape (like those cool rocks!) that makes them want to explore and express themselves.

Rock crayons or a fabric delivery. We all need supplies. ; )

CitricSugar said...

Oh, how the artistic eye finds inspiration in the simplest things!

Trudi said...

Lovely where inspiration finds itself! Look forward to seeing results :)

Victoria said...

Fabulous idea, and I love the colors!
I'd say those crayons rock!
(Sorry, I can't resist a bad pun).