16 June, 2011

Hole in My Head

There is that expression... I need a new ______ like I need a hole in my head.

Meet the new hole in my head.

I've got quilts piled up, I am still not 100% after the surgery, and there are other projects waking me up on the morning. But I HAD to start a new quilt. No deadline, no specific audience, no definite plan.

And here are close to 20 fabrics cut into 5'' squares. They will be turned into some sort of half square triangle creation. The fabrics are from this pile, courtesy of Traditional Pastimes, with a few more added for good measure. It's a pile that is both calming and energizing. It makes me smile.

11 comments:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Love the colors you have chosen for this new venture. My first ever try was HST’s... it’s resting behind me on my chair as I type.

What Comes Next? said...

it's a beautiful hole in the head! I've got a few of those kicking around too. Sometimes when the mood strikes, you just have to go with it!

Jen said...

Can't wait to see it together. The colors look great.
- Jen

Suzanne said...

Ya know, when a girl is recovering from surgery, a girl just needs to have something wonderful to ponder.

Amanda Jean said...

I was petting my matching pile of fabrics last night. I'm thinking circles?

I'm with you on (not) needing another project. But the allure is strong!

Can't wait to see what you do with the HSTs.

Hope you are recovering nicely!

Victoria said...

Anything that makes you smile and causes no harm to others is A-OK! There is magic and energy in starting a new quilt... just what you need to help that knee recover!

snore stop said...

My first ever try was HST’s... it’s resting behind me on my chair as I type.
Thanks for sharing.

Jenny said...

Of course you need it! It's your therapy while you recover. Glad to hear you are getting your knee fixed even though the way to do it is definitely not so fun. I wish you a speedy recovery!

KateKwiltz said...

Hah! Welcome to my world! What fun would it be if we had to finish EVERYTHING before we could start something new?
Spontaneity gives birth to some of the best ideas ever! Have fun running with it!

Kate said...

If it makes you smile that's a good thing. There is something theraputic about starting a new quilt. Good luck with the knee.

Katherine said...

I love when we wander into new projects with no agenda.
Love the colours you've chosen for your HSTs quilt. It's making me smile too! ;o)