23 October, 2012

Wine Gums Top


Well, I'm managing to sneak in bits of sewing here and there. The baby is napping well and my little girl loves to putter around the house on her own, when we aren't having tea parties. Phew.

It didn't take much to finish this top. Worked on in snippets (hah, get it Amanda?) it comes together rather easily. I love this top. I love the concept, I love the colours, I love the construction. I'm looking forward to the finished project.

At one point I can grand plans to make 4 square panels of these and use them as quadrants, all in opposing directions for a large quilt. It is SO hard for me to work small. But I decided to stay true to the original pattern size so people can appreciate it for what it is.


8 comments:

Josie McRazie said...

LOVE! I am in the process of binding my version of Daydreams! The second of my projects from SMQ! Half way done with binding so I hope to be done tonight if I can get off this computer!

Annemieke said...

I love this quilt too. It is coming together niceley and rather quick I think? I bought the book too (here in Holland) and really like the projects in it. My daughter (22) likes the book also and that is special because she thinks a lot of books are the same. I hope to make this one also, but first have to finish a lot of other quilts.
Groetjes
Annemieke

Maja said...

Thumbs up!
Your quilt makes me happy!

Jilly said...

Wow, that is something different. Love it.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

It's beautiful! I love the bright colors!

Are the edges of the gumdrops raw, or are you turning them under?

Julie G

Suzanne said...

Gumdrops just make me happy!

Amanda Jean said...

Awesome! So bright and cheery. Kudos to you keeping it on the small side. I know how hard that can be. I struggle with that, too.

Tara said...

Looks fabulous! All those pieces, phew! But I love the idea of four panels in perpendicular position! Sounds amazing! Can't wait to see the final product!